cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Nataliia_bud
Level I

How do i group values and run on the groups descriptive statistic?

I have a table of MODIS. There is a column Confidence with the range from 1 to 100. I want to group it by low confidence 0-30, moderate confidence 31-60, high confidence 61-100 and run descriptive statistic on the groups. I have wrote the statement but all values disappeared and became a black dots.

How do i group columns right?

How do i bring back the data back instead of black dots?

Thank you.

Nataliia

4 REPLIES 4
jthi
Super User

Re: How do i group values and run on the groups descriptive statistic?

Where are you getting the confidence values from? It seems like you are referencing the Confidence column in your formula which calculates the confidence. You should separate these, calculate confidence and then have separate column for binning

-Jarmo
Nataliia_bud
Level I

I have already the values in the column Confidence, i just need to group them by the range. So i chose the column Confidence and run the statement on the column Confidence but it didn't work. 

Here is the table in attach.

Thank you for helping.

txnelson
Super User

Your Confidence column is numeric.  Therefore, the whole column can contain only valid numeric values.  When you run your formula, it the results you generate are character strings, "0-30" or "31-60" or "61-100".  Because your column is defined as a numeric column, JMP will be forced to try and convert the resulting character string to numeric which will result in a missing value.  What you need to do, is to create a new column, declare the column as a Character column, and then use your formula to calculate the values.

Jim
Nataliia_bud
Level I

Thank you for explanation. I will try to do it.