cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nbhagroo
Level I

How do I split individual parts of a graph on JMP

Hi, I have a quick question. I want to split my graph into individual graphs for each  x variable condition. Instead of having them all complied into one graph. Can someone help me with this? I have JMP 17.

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: How do I split individual parts of a graph on JMP

How do you want to split them?

Starting situation (both columns selected from column list and dropped at the same time to Y-axis):

jthi_0-1689951994940.png

Option 1 (both columns selected, drop them to Y-axis while holding shift. You can get the same graph if you drop first one and then try where you should drop the second to split Y-axis like this)

jthi_1-1689952024298.png

Option2 (stack your data first from Tables/Stack. Drop data to Y-axis and labeling to Y-grouping on right side):

jthi_2-1689952073117.png

Option3 (still using stacked data. Instead of dropping label to Y-group, drop it to Page)

jthi_3-1689952127349.png

-Jarmo
nbhagroo
Level I

Hi thank you for getting back to me. This is not exactly what I am looking for however. What I more want  to do can be seen in the picture I attach here. Notice how the graph is split according to the donor. Now if you look at my original attachment I have many conditions. I want to split those conditions up like you see in this most recent attached image. Are you able to help with this? Thanks!

jthi
Super User

As I don't have access to your data, I'm not really sure what you want to visualize, but create some sort of graph with X and Y axis values, then select the grouping column which you want to use, drag it over graph builder BUT don't release the button

jthi_0-1690208478489.png

Then move it to different blue sections to see what it would do

jthi_1-1690208497192.png

I also suggest checking out Essential Graphing (or as .pdf) to learn more about how you can visualize data in JMP.

-Jarmo