cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
flyvefisk0
Level I

How do I merge data?

Hello everyone.

I am having great trouble with merging my data. I have made a contingency table with two variables, variable 1 has 6 levels and variable 2 has 2 levels. I want to merge two levels for variable 1, so that I am left with 5 levels. How do I do this? I have been searching everywhere, and I simply cant find it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How do I merge data?

hi  flyvefisk0​,

why not try to recode the column?

just right click the column from the column list on the left ad select Recode from the menu

like this:

JMP 12 Tutorials - Recoding Data - YouTube

best!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pmroz
Super User

Can you post some data?  That would help us figure out the appropriate approach.  If you want to merge two datasets the JOIN and UPDATE commands are great for that.  But it sounds like you have data in one table.  Maybe share a before and after snapshot of what you want?

ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

hi  flyvefisk0​,

why not try to recode the column?

just right click the column from the column list on the left ad select Recode from the menu

like this:

JMP 12 Tutorials - Recoding Data - YouTube

best!

flyvefisk0
Level I

I'm sorry I didnt post any data, I didn't know if that was allowed on this forum.
Thanks a bunch Ron! You fixed my problem, didn't know it could be that easy.

Have a nice day.