cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BCCatUNC
Level I

How do I make a histogram (not a bar chart) with different colors based on values?

I would like to make frequency histograms similar to figure A5 in this paper Long-Term Prognostic Risk After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Associated With Residual Cancer Burden and ... 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I make a histogram (not a bar chart) with different colors based on values?

This is easily done using Graph Builder.  All you have to do is to define an ordinal or character column that identifies the bin/grouping that you want to have the different bars in the histogram colored together.  Then create the histogram in Graph Builder and drop the bin/grouping column on the Overlay area.

txnelson_0-1662151561556.png

Jim

View solution in original post

jthi
Super User

Re: How do I make a histogram (not a bar chart) with different colors based on values?

Your x-axis (Column 1) is Nominal and it most likely should be Continuous

jthi_0-1662219270544.png

-Jarmo

txnelson
Super User

right click on the histogram axis and you can set the interval there

Jim

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

This is easily done using Graph Builder.  All you have to do is to define an ordinal or character column that identifies the bin/grouping that you want to have the different bars in the histogram colored together.  Then create the histogram in Graph Builder and drop the bin/grouping column on the Overlay area.

txnelson_0-1662151561556.png

Jim
BCCatUNC
Level I

Thanks, txnelson!

Do I need a third column to set the bin width and would I drag that to Interval?

Right now I have a bar for every unique value.

BCCatUNC_0-1662218164035.png

jthi
Super User

Your x-axis (Column 1) is Nominal and it most likely should be Continuous

jthi_0-1662219270544.png

-Jarmo
txnelson
Super User

right click on the histogram axis and you can set the interval there

Jim