cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ceecee
Level III

How do I fit a 3-parameter hill model in Fit Curve?

Is there a way to fix the lower asymptote (parameter c) at 0 in the Logistic 4p Hill model in Fit Curve? Basically, I want the 3-parameter version of the Logistic hill model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MRB3855
Super User

Re: How do I fit a 3-parameter hill model in Fit Curve?

Doesn't look doable in the Fit Model platform. Definitely doable in the Nonlinear platform. In the model library of the nonlinear platform choose Logistic 4p. Then select "Make Formula" to create the formula in a column.  Then go to that column and alter the parameters and/or formula be as needed to be the Log 4p Hill model. You can just remove "c" parameter from the model, or leave it in and set it to 0 when you run the non linear model.

MRB3855_0-1680078015057.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MRB3855
Super User

Doesn't look doable in the Fit Model platform. Definitely doable in the Nonlinear platform. In the model library of the nonlinear platform choose Logistic 4p. Then select "Make Formula" to create the formula in a column.  Then go to that column and alter the parameters and/or formula be as needed to be the Log 4p Hill model. You can just remove "c" parameter from the model, or leave it in and set it to 0 when you run the non linear model.

MRB3855_0-1680078015057.png

ceecee
Level III

Thanks! I didn't even know you could do that! Also this blog post helped https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMPer-Cable/Nonlinear-modeling-part-3/ba-p/42506

Have you tried the Logistic 3P model in Fit Curve? I do not have a good example of data for such a model, but it looks like this:

3p.PNG