cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jmessina944
Level I

How do I filter categorical data that does not meet my location restriction?

Hi, I am doing a project that involves getting a model ready from airbnb listing data to the predict price of Broward County airbnb listings. I am trying to exlude and hide rows within my data that are not in Florida as there are many listings that are from different countries and states. Is there a way to do this without having to go row by row? This is categorical character data.

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I filter categorical data that does not meet my location restriction?

Right click on the column header area above the RowState column(row number column) and select Row Selection.  Fill out the form to select all rows where State is no equal to Florida.  The click ok and go tot the row in the rowstate area for one of the selected rows, and right click and select Hide and Exclude

Jim
jmessina944
Level I

Re: How do I filter categorical data that does not meet my location restriction?

Do you mean right click on the column header? I am having trouble finding Row Selection. @txnelson 

jmessina944
Level I

Okay I have figured it out and it has selected all rows where it contains Florida. How do I exclude all the others rows that were not selected? @txnelson 

txnelson
Super User

Apparently you have selected where State equals Florida, rather than State not equal to Florida.  No Problem.  Just right click on one of the selected rows, in the highlighted area in the RowState column( the RowState column is the column in the image below that has the blue highlighted cells) and select "Invert Selection".

txnelson_0-1696815339111.png

The Invert Selection will select all rows that currently are not selected, and to unselect the rows that are selected.  You will then have all non Florida rows sellected.

Jim