cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How do I add labels to control limits and mean lines on a control chart?

Is it possible to label the calculated control limit values and mean lines directly on a control chart?  I realize the information is reported in a table, but I'd like the lines on the plot to be labeled with this information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: How do I add labels to control limits and mean lines on a control chart?

I used the annotate tool with the phase to accomplish the following.

12405_Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 12.04.22 PM.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
louv
Staff (Retired)

In the Analyze>Quality & Process>Control Chart platform the UCL and LCL are labeled.

12393_Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 11.41.49 AM.png

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I should have clarified, I have my data organized by phases.  I would like to have the value of the limits and means displayed for each phase.  This is not a default setting, I have not been able to find a setting or script that will accomplish this - I am new to JMP though.

Thanks!

Jackie

louv
Staff (Retired)

I used the annotate tool with the phase to accomplish the following.

12405_Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 12.04.22 PM.png

Hi,

That is helpful, but because I have over 100 plots to make on a regular basis it is a lot of manual work. Do you know of a command that will report the value for the LCL or UCL in the annotation boxes? Or, is there another way to do this in a more “automated” approach?

Thanks,

Jackie

ian_jmp
Staff

There's no inbuilt command to reproduce Lou's approach, or a near equivalent. It would be possible to write a script to add the annotations automatically, but it would take some work to avoid label collisions and so on.

Thank you Lou and Ian for helping me understand.  It sounds like it may be some work, but I'm going to give it a try!

wbaker
Level I

If you find an easy way to script this let me know. I've been stuck labeling my control chart limits and means via the annotate tool.

txnelson
Super User

If after you add the manual annotations on your control chart, you go to the red triangle and select save script, and save it to the script window, you will see that the code displayed will contain the JSL required to add the annotations you are manually adding.

Jim