cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
west
Level I

How do I add a title to a chart

for example i want a control chart.  i select individuals IR.  it makes a nice chart but there is no title on it.  cant find how to put one on it.  then i saw this chart on JMP website under JMP11 quality and process eng.  it has a title right in the center that i assume i can change text on.  so how do i get a title like this on my chart?  graph builder has it by default

Understand process data quickly with the drag-and-drop flexibility of the Control Chart Builder. Create natural groupings visually to spot patterns and solve problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How do I add a title to a chart

Hi WEST,

Try using Control Chart Builder (Analyze -> Quality and Process -> Control Chart Builder) instead of the IR chart platform (

Analyze -> Quality and Process -> Control Chart -> IR). You're seeing Control Chart Builder on the website.

In the IR chart platform the outline node immediately above chart serves as it's title. You can edit the outline node by double clicking on it.

6031_BigClass_3__IR_of_Height_and_BigClass_3__Control_Chart_Builder_and_BigClass_3.png

-Jeff

-Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi WEST,

Try using Control Chart Builder (Analyze -> Quality and Process -> Control Chart Builder) instead of the IR chart platform (

Analyze -> Quality and Process -> Control Chart -> IR). You're seeing Control Chart Builder on the website.

In the IR chart platform the outline node immediately above chart serves as it's title. You can edit the outline node by double clicking on it.

6031_BigClass_3__IR_of_Height_and_BigClass_3__Control_Chart_Builder_and_BigClass_3.png

-Jeff

-Jeff
west
Level I

thanks Jeff control chart builder will do what i need.  I understand that we can change the outline node text and use it as a title.  I have been doing that when making my presentations and reports but... they just don't look very good.  more helpful would be if we could add a chart title top center of the chart just like the ones on control chart builder and graph builder to any chart/graph that we make with JMP.