cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How compare two independent proportions in JMP

I have two proportions (two numbers) of two groups. How can I compare them in JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How compare two independent proportions in JMP

There are a couple of ways.  One is to use a the "Statistics Calculator" Add-In by BradyBrady in the file exchange.

To do so without the calculator you can build a small table:

WeightOutcomeGroup
101A
40A
91B
50B

Then use fit Y by X with (nominal) Outcome = Y, Group = X, and Weight = Weight.  Under the red triangle menu is the "Two Sample Test for Proportions" (note, this option only appears when you have two groups).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

There are a couple of ways.  One is to use a the "Statistics Calculator" Add-In by BradyBrady in the file exchange.

To do so without the calculator you can build a small table:

WeightOutcomeGroup
101A
40A
91B
50B

Then use fit Y by X with (nominal) Outcome = Y, Group = X, and Weight = Weight.  Under the red triangle menu is the "Two Sample Test for Proportions" (note, this option only appears when you have two groups).

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

The Add-in that Karen is referring to is this one:

Statistics Calculators Addin

To link to a piece of content from elsewhere in the JMP User Community you can type an @ symbol and then start typing the name of the content you want to link to. Use an _ to separate words and the system will search for it and present you with options.

-Jeff

-Jeff

THANKS, JEFF!

"COM.JMP.CALCULATORSII.JMPADDIN" INSTALLED, BUT  DOES NOT WORK -- IT CLOSES JMP 10 (OPERATING SYSTEM NT)

Jeff_Perkinson

BradyBrady, do you know why the Statistics Calculators Addin would be causing a problem here?

-Jeff

-Jeff

Hi jeff.perkinson,

I am not sure what the problem may be. I just ran the addin on 10.0.2 in both Windows and Mac without experiencing any problems. I am running on Windows 7, though, not XP.

If Ed has not updated to 10.0.2, that might help. If he has, I'm not sure what to do outside of referring Ed to Tech Support since I can't match his OS setup.

-Brady

Ok, Jeff. How can I uninstall it? (JMP has problem now.)

Jeff_Perkinson

To remove Add-Ins, go to the View->Add-Ins menu and locate the add-in. You can disable it or unregister it.

Can you describe exactly what you do to make it crash?

-Jeff

-Jeff

I worked with many files when I installed ADDIN. I think it's better to have no open files in process during installation.I'll try again, but not now. Ok! I have disable it.

THANKS, KAREN, FOR CLEAR EXPLANATION!