cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
kpaudel0
Level I

How can I save and reuse a collection of clicks for faster processing?

I see save session script but it seems to save everything starting from the beginning. Is there a way to save only part of the session having a set of consecutive clicks which can be rerun for similar other files?

7 REPLIES 7
txnelson
Super User

Re: How can I save and reuse a collection of clicks for faster processing?

There is not a "Click" recorder in JMP.  The methodology used in JMP for this is done by creating a JMP Script.  So the methodology typically works in that you run one of the platforms, get the output the way you want it, then save the script, which is a selection under the main red triangle in the output.  Then you run the next platform, and save that script, etc.  As the script builds you effectively are saving the "Clicks: you are talking about.

Jim
kpaudel0
Level I

Thank you, I was able to get the script to add columns and input formula but got stuck here:

I am putting an example questions of what I now want to do with session or table scripts:

My data:

X [mm] Y [mm] Z [µm] Col 01 Col 02 sum col
-142 -145 0 0 0 0
-141 -145 0 0 0 0
-140 -145 0 0 0 0
-139 -145 3 0 0 0
-138 -145 5 0 0 0
-137 -145 8 0 0 0
-91 99 6 0 1 1
-90 99 3 0 1 1
-89 99 9 0 1 1
-88 99 2 0 1 1

I get following when I select ones in the sum col using 'select matching cells' and 'subset' menus):
X [mm] Y [mm] Z [µm] Col 01 Col 02 sum col
-91 99  0 1 1
-90 99  0 1 1
-89 99  0 1 1
-88 99  0 1 1

But, I want the script to do this for me. Would appreciate for your additional suggestions/examples.

I also did 'save session script' but these click menu actions were not captured.

txnelson
Super User

Below is a script that first generates your above data table, using a script, and then selects the rows where the column called "sum col" has the value of "1".  Which is what you requested.  However, I also added in the statement that would take those selected rows, and create a new data table, where you could do further processing:

Names Default To Here( 1 );

// Create the sample table you listed in your reply

dt = New Table( "Sample Table",

Add Rows( 10 ),

New Column( "X",

Numeric,

"Continuous",

Format( "Best", 12 ),

Set Property( "Units", "mm" ),

Set Values( [-142, -141, -140, -139, -138, -137, -91, -90, -89, -88] )

),

New Column( "Y",

Numeric,

"Continuous",

Format( "Best", 12 ),

Set Values( [-145, -145, -145, -145, -145, -145, 99, 99, 99, 99] )

),

New Column( "Z",

Numeric,

"Continuous",

Format( "Best", 12 ),

Set Values( [0, 0, 0, 3, 5, 8, 6, 3, 9, 2] )

),

New Column( "Col 01",

Numeric,

"Continuous",

Format( "Best", 12 ),

Set Values( [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0] )

),

New Column( "Col 02",

Numeric,

"Continuous",

Format( "Best", 12 ),

Set Values( [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1] )

),

New Column( "Sum Col", Numeric, "Continuous", Format( "Best", 12 ), Formula( Sum( :Col 01, :Col 02 ) ) ),

Set Row States( [1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0] )

);

// This wait function allows for the table to be completed before the next statements

// are processed

wait(.1);

// Now select the rows where the column called Sum Col have the value of 1

dt << select where(:Sum Col == 1);

// Next create a new table from the selected rows

dtNew = dt << subset(Output Table Name("New Table"), selected columns(0), selected rows(1));

Jim
kpaudel0
Level I

Thank you so much. Last  lines starting from 'wait(0.1)' were sufficient. Mine took (0.2) to work

Craige_Hales
Super User

The wait( .1 ) allows the column formula to run in the background before using the table.  A more predictable way to do this:

dt<<runFormulas;

which means you don't have to guess how long to wait.  It is faster because (1) you don't have to wait a little longer than the work requires and (2) because the formulas evaluate faster than when they run in the background.

Craige
Craige_Hales
Super User

and, <<SelectWhere will do the RunFormulas for you in JMP 13. 

<<RunFormulas doesn't do anything if there are no formulas or the formulas have already run.

Craige
kpaudel0
Level I

Thanks much.  May I also know how to add statistics summary(mean, max, min, stdev. and, range) of z variable on the script for a contour plot?