cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
eric_min1993
Level I

How can I make the data filter work properly in the dashboard?

Purpose: I want to add a filter to the dashboard as a first-level project to control the data in other projects
Problem encountered: I added a data filter to the dashboard and used it as a first-level project - see pic1
But when I click on the item in the data filter, the data in the second-level project will not change - see pic 2

If a filter is added to the control panel in the second-level project, the linkage between the second-level project and the third-level project will be lost-see pic3
How can I solve this problem? Thank youeric_min1993_4-1717746409504.png

eric_min1993_0-1717743663160.png

eric_min1993_2-1717743981667.png

eric_min1993_3-1717745937642.png

1 REPLY 1

Re: How can I make the data filter work properly in the dashboard?

It looks like this dashboard is using Selection Filters, which is probably not what you are looking for.  You may have started with the Filter+1 or Hierarchical Filter+1 template.  These templates are designed to allow one JMP Platform to filter another.  Any of the other templates can also be used to create a Selection Filter, using the right-click option:

danschikore_0-1717785142920.png

To use a regular Local Data Filter in a Dashboard, try one of the other templates and simply drag your reports and Local Data Filter into the desired positions.  You can enter preview mode to configure the filter prior to saving/running the Dashboard.  The video Can I add an interactive Local Data Filter to a Dashboard? demonstrates this use case.  There is a link in that page to Building Dashboards to Access and Share Updated Analyses that demonstrates the Selection Filter use case.

Hope that helps!

-Dan