cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
cjackso21
Level I

How can I have a Legend created with Rows, Color or Mark by column, added to a graph?

Older versions had at least a copy tab for the Legend.  Now using Snip to copy and paste only PPT.  Is there a way to add this directly to the graph?  

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: How can I have a Legend created with Rows, Color or Mark by column, added to a graph?

I'm not exactly sure what is being asked here. Which graph? What type of legend? Do you have "categorizing" column?

Blank Big Class

jthi_1-1684480185338.png

Setting markers/colors using Mark by Column

jthi_2-1684480233828.png

Graph builder

jthi_3-1684480255143.png

Graph builder with sex added to color

jthi_4-1684480268914.png

-Jarmo
statman
Super User

Re: How can I have a Legend created with Rows, Color or Mark by column, added to a graph?

Jarmo,  I believe the OP is checking the box in your 2nd screen shot "Make Window with Legend".  This does create the legend, but it is not part of the actual plot (e.g., variability plot).  It is a separate window and in order to "print" it you have to journal it or clip it as the OP has been doing.  I do not know how to add the legend directly to the plot.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
jthi
Super User

Most of the time with graph builder you might be able to get away by using Color or Overlay (depending on the plot).

In some of the other platforms (not sure if this works in all of them) I think you have to start from those platforms and create legend there from right-click menu

jthi_0-1684570238850.png

jthi_1-1684570263420.png

With scripting you might be able to move the legend window, but I'm not sure how well it would work. Best way might be dependent on the graph/report/platform/what to display in legend.

-Jarmo