cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Kelly
Level III

How can I get a check box to set instead of toggle?

Hello,

I am having an issue with setting checked boxes as checked. It seems to be toggling instead of setting. I have included some sample code. I create a 1 item check box in a journal, set it (the box gets checked), then set it again (the box gets unchecked).

window_journal = New Window("", <<Journal, mainPage = V List Box()    
);

EnableLimitButton = Check Box("Enable Limit Checking");
mainpage << Append (EnableLimitButton);
EnableLimitButton << set(1);
EnableLimitButton << set(1);

Is there a way to get this to set instead of toggle? I have tried using set("on") and set("true") but they do not work.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How can I get a check box to set instead of toggle?

If you only reference the index, and don't specify the desired setting (0/1) then the set message works like a toggle.  If you want to use an absolute reference to select the check box, you need to specify:

EnableLimitButton << set(1,1);

Here is the example taken from the Scripting Index, on the Set message usage in the Check Box() object

Help==>Scripting Index==>Check Box==>Set

Names Default To Here( 1 );
New Window( "Example", cb = Check Box( {"One", "Two", "Three"} ) );
cb << Set( 3, 1 );
Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: How can I get a check box to set instead of toggle?

If you only reference the index, and don't specify the desired setting (0/1) then the set message works like a toggle.  If you want to use an absolute reference to select the check box, you need to specify:

EnableLimitButton << set(1,1);

Here is the example taken from the Scripting Index, on the Set message usage in the Check Box() object

Help==>Scripting Index==>Check Box==>Set

Names Default To Here( 1 );
New Window( "Example", cb = Check Box( {"One", "Two", "Three"} ) );
cb << Set( 3, 1 );
Jim