cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
statcon
Level II

How can I change the display language in JMP11 for MAC?

Dear JMP-Users,

I was wondering how to change the display language for the mac-version of JMP11? I can't find the settings for that in the preferences!

Thanks for any advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How can I change the display language in JMP11 for MAC?

You can set the language in the OS X system preferences by putting the preferred language on top of the language list (add it if it's not in the list by default). However that will affect all applications that has a resources for that language (JMP has en, de, es, fr, it, jp & zh .lproj folders inside its resources folders, so the display language of JMP appears to be limited to these).

To enable a single application to display a different language than the OS it is possible to edit preference files from the terminal. There is also a simple GUI tool for this but I have never tested it.

Another, but not recommended, option is to simply move/trash the lproj folder of the system language and rename the desired lproj to the same name as the moved lproj (e.g. move en.lproj inside Applications/JMP/Contents/Resources if your OS language is English and then rename jp.lproj to en.lproj to force OS X to display JMP in Japanese). 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

You can set the language in the OS X system preferences by putting the preferred language on top of the language list (add it if it's not in the list by default). However that will affect all applications that has a resources for that language (JMP has en, de, es, fr, it, jp & zh .lproj folders inside its resources folders, so the display language of JMP appears to be limited to these).

To enable a single application to display a different language than the OS it is possible to edit preference files from the terminal. There is also a simple GUI tool for this but I have never tested it.

Another, but not recommended, option is to simply move/trash the lproj folder of the system language and rename the desired lproj to the same name as the moved lproj (e.g. move en.lproj inside Applications/JMP/Contents/Resources if your OS language is English and then rename jp.lproj to en.lproj to force OS X to display JMP in Japanese). 

statcon
Level II

Thanks for the hints! I will try that as soon as possible!