cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GiovJensen
Level I

How Do I Create Stacked 3D Plots

How can I stack 3D plots as in the graph below? There are 4 3D plots on the same graph (one z axis, same x and y axes). Each plot is a surface of the z-data plotted against x and y. Z may be a formula instead of raw data. 

Haven't been able to find any posts specific to this. A script is okay. Hoping for an easy answer to share with a new JMP user.

GiovJensen_0-1613427109679.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: How Do I Create Stacked 3D Plots

You can get some of it by using formulas like this:

Up to four formulas can be displayed at onceUp to four formulas can be displayed at once

You may have to add a bit (like 1+ in the 2nd formula) to artificially separate the surfaces. If you right-click the color patches, you can get a menu to control some sheet properties.

Try opening surface plot with NO data tables open. The built-in formulas in slots 2,3,4 are for isosurface.

Craige

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Craige_Hales
Super User

You can get some of it by using formulas like this:

Up to four formulas can be displayed at onceUp to four formulas can be displayed at once

You may have to add a bit (like 1+ in the 2nd formula) to artificially separate the surfaces. If you right-click the color patches, you can get a menu to control some sheet properties.

Try opening surface plot with NO data tables open. The built-in formulas in slots 2,3,4 are for isosurface.

Craige
GiovJensen
Level I

Craige, thanks for the quick response. It turns out that we need to use the raw data and not formulas. Good to know this method for formulas as it's bound to come up at some time.

For the raw data, I used the 3D Scatterplot and the column labeling each "surface" as Coloring.