cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
vinceheesen
Level II

Home Price Data Clusters

I've seen a number of presentation in JMP with home prices by state and year.  It's been used to show how powerful the Graph module is. Somehow the individual state data over time is clustered to show states with similar trends.  I've never seen how JMP can clusters trend data.

Is there a presentation or paper showing how these clusters were assigned?  I have similar time data and would like to cluster that data like I see the state data is.

Thanks,

Vince

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Home Price Data Clusters

Hi Vince,

I can see how the example I used wasn't exactly what you were after! LouV sent me the dataset (thanks Lou!) and I've recorded a new video using those data. I hope this helps!

Julian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
julian

Hi VinceHeesen,

I'm not sure in which webinar that clustering has been shown, so I recorded a short video doing that kind of clustering. I couldn't quickly track down the housing prices by state dataset you were talking about, but the sample dataset "SATByYear" has the same sort of structure, so I used that. I hope this helps!

Julian

vinceheesen
Level II

Thanks Julian for the quick reply.

I think I saw the dataset at the last JMP Discovery conference.  It is in the old support.sas.com/demodownloads. Submitted by Charles Pirrello with the title Home Price Data with Clusters 10/28/2013.

You showed a great example of Clustering, but the clustering that I was after was on the time series data.  So if you took the dataset that you had and tried to cluster on say the expenditures over time.  What states have similar time series trend for expenditures? 

Vince

julian

Hi Vince,

I can see how the example I used wasn't exactly what you were after! LouV sent me the dataset (thanks Lou!) and I've recorded a new video using those data. I hope this helps!

Julian

vinceheesen
Level II

Thanks Julian,

This is perfect.

Vince