cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
wongpl
Level II

Histogram count

I have plotted a histogram and plan to extract the histogram count in each column for further data manipulation.

can i know how i can get the row count ( orange arrow) in the histogram column and extract it in a table or variable/array?

6862_distribution.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Histogram count

One way is to choose Save/Level Numbers found in the red triangle menu in the distribution report. A column with level ID's is then added to the original data table. Use e.g. Summary in the Tables menu to get the counts by selecting the ID column Level N in the Group filed and N of your variable of interest in the Statistics field.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

One way is to choose Save/Level Numbers found in the red triangle menu in the distribution report. A column with level ID's is then added to the original data table. Use e.g. Summary in the Tables menu to get the counts by selecting the ID column Level N in the Group filed and N of your variable of interest in the Statistics field.

tjmills
Level II

You can also use the Save/Midpoint to save the data value of the histogram rather than just the bin number.

theseventhhill
Level II

If I have more than 100 such distributions, how do i do a save levels options as a save all ? I hope there is a efficient way to export for each distribution 

txnelson
Super User

Holding down the CNTL key, while selecting the Save==>Level Numbers will generate the Level Numbers for all distributions that are displayed.

The holding down of the CNTL key while selecting options, or changing the size of a graph, etc. is a universal JMP option. The feature is documented in the Using JMP book

Help==>Books==>Using JMP

or in the 14th "Tip of the Day"

Help==>Tip of the Day

Jim