cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hallef18
Level I

Histogram Distribution to Fitted Line Only

I have 3 separate histograms displaying z-depth data, generated via 'Distribution' for different data sets I'm looking to compare. I've fixed the x range to be 0 to  2500 so I can compare better. I've fitted each with a normal continuous curve. I would like to now create a 4th plot of those 3 normal curves.

Under the red pull down tab of the 'Fitted Normal Distribution' I see there's an option to save into a new column the density formula (also the distribution or the simulation formula). It than populates a new column with corresponding densities for every point. This next part is where I  think I'm going wrong. I plot the density (y-axis) vs row number.

(I did not the fit is not significant this is more as just a visual).

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: Histogram Distribution to Fitted Line Only

Are you trying to compare densities to each other or something else? You can do that for example by using Fit Y By X (you might have to stack your data first)

jthi_0-1716970346879.png

-Jarmo
Byron_JMP
Staff

Graph Builder does a pretty nice job with data like this

Byron_JMP_0-1716997365365.png

All the measurements need to be in one column and the categories need to be in another (stacked format)

Histogram Style dropdown is set to kernel density

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
hallef18
Level I

That works! Can I scale the counts some how? I scaled 10ekV and 15ekV relative to 5ekV by doubling and tripling the data, respectively, but I'm wanting to add another data set for 2.5ekV that would require me to divide counts so my method wont work.

Thanks!