cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jemster
Level III

Highlight Data Out of Spec Limit on Custom Map Heatmap

I have a custom map heatmap with values for each instrument being displayed on my map. The data has defined spec limits from column properties. I would like to be able to highlight data that is outside the spec limits with a custom colour.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Georg
Level VII

Re: Highlight Data Out of Spec Limit on Custom Map Heatmap

I think the problem is:

A heatmap shows an aggregated result for all points of the corresponding field,

and the information regarding spec in/out is related to a single point.

Thanks to the data of @SDF1 I was able to calculate spec-out for each row (Column "OOS"), and could display it in a heatmap,

so you can see for each field if all spec-in, all spec-out, or in between.

Georg_0-1658434123584.png

Perhaps this is what you need @Jemster ?

Georg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SDF1
Super User

Hi @Jemster ,

Not sure if I exactly understand what you're after, but I made a mock-up table with 9 different tools (instrument) and 3 different plants and a data column which represents the values for each tool. I've also added arbitrary spec limits on the Data column.

Using Graph Builder, make a heatmap of tool vs plant and using the Data (value) column as the Color option of the heatmap get the basic structure of what you're after. If you then right click the color legend and select Gradient. You can then define the minimum and maximum values for the gradient, as well as define a set number of levels if desired (discrete rather than continuous). I used the spec limits as the min and max of the legend. Then, if you click on the color bar by Color Theme and choose a divergent color scheme, then the colors that are closer to the target are a neutral color while the ones further away diverge to red/green (in my example). See the screenshot below. 

This might be a way for you to do it. I'm sure there are other ways, but this is what came to my mind. Within Graph Builder, there are a lot of modification you can make manually to change the way a graph looks. I've added the table and saved the GB script to the table if you want to check it out.

SDF1_0-1658418528941.png

Hope this helps.

Good luck!,

DS

Georg
Level VII

I think the problem is:

A heatmap shows an aggregated result for all points of the corresponding field,

and the information regarding spec in/out is related to a single point.

Thanks to the data of @SDF1 I was able to calculate spec-out for each row (Column "OOS"), and could display it in a heatmap,

so you can see for each field if all spec-in, all spec-out, or in between.

Georg_0-1658434123584.png

Perhaps this is what you need @Jemster ?

Georg