cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
razmah
Level II

Hiding window right after opening...

I need to hide a my data table after opening but my table doesn't have a specific name, so I cannot use invisible command.

I'm using following script but it doesn't work. I appreciate any suggestion. Thanks

dt=Open();

dt << show window(0);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Hiding window right after opening...

if you're using open() to get a generic file you can just use pick file() to get a name of it so you can still assign invisible.

file = pick file();

dt = open(file, invisible);

Vince Faller - Predictum

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
hlrauch
Level III

Your script works fine for me. I'm able to use it to open a data table that is invisible.

When you say the script "doesn't work" do you mean that the data table remains visible, or does it not appear at all (even in the window list)? Is it possible that, if the table is very large or if the table is open from a remote location, the script needs to pause to let the table open completely? In that case, I'm guessing that inserting a Wait(1.0); command between your two lines of code could help. Otherwise, check for typos.

Howard

razmah
Level II

I mean the window is still visible for me.

you said "I'm able to use it to open a data table that is invisible" but  my purpose for using it is to HIDE a table that newly opened and visible. do I use a wrong command?

hlrauch
Level III

I should clarify: I'm able to use your script to open a table, and the table BECOMES invisible immediately.

If the table is already open and visible, and it is currently your active table, you can "name" the table and make it invisible as follows:

cdt = Current Data Table();

cdt << Show Window(0);

Howard

razmah
Level II

It's still visible for me!!!

hlrauch
Level III

I don't know why it's still visible for you. However, as you see, Vince's solution should definitely do the trick for you.

Howard

vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

if you're using open() to get a generic file you can just use pick file() to get a name of it so you can still assign invisible.

file = pick file();

dt = open(file, invisible);

Vince Faller - Predictum
razmah
Level II

Thanks a lot