cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
pcarroll1
Level IV

Has anyone had an issue with Graph Builder 'Freezing'?

In my company we are still using JMP 14.  I'm using 14.3, others 14.1.  Recently, we were required to load a Windows update.  It may have been security related, I don't know.  Afterwards, when using Graph Builder, it will work at first, but eventually it will not respond to the mouse at all, so the graph cannot even be saved.  I don't know for sure that it is related to the Windows update but that coincidence was observed by more than one.  Has anyone else had a problem like this.  Any suggestions for a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Has anyone had an issue with Graph Builder 'Freezing'?

@txnelson has a good suggestion. You should also contact Tech Support (support@jmp.com). They are in the best position to help track this and figure out what might be going on.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

I would try reinstalling JMP.

Jim
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

@txnelson has a good suggestion. You should also contact Tech Support (support@jmp.com). They are in the best position to help track this and figure out what might be going on.

-Jeff

Can you clarify what you mean by "freezing"?  Does it crash, stop responding to all interaction, or maybe just drag-and-drop stops working?

Some customers have experienced interactions with 3rd party software.  You might want to review Note 63217 to see if it applies to your company.  If so, the software vendor can help you configure the software so that it will not interfere with JMP.

If you get a crash, please submit the crash file, which will be compared against all known issues so that JMP Support can help to resolve the issue.