cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Treponema
Level III

Group scripts in themes in a data table?

Hi Community,

I have searched in vain for a feature that can group scripts in my data table for an easy overview, just like this feature for grouping of columns: http://www.jmp.com/support/help/13/Group_Columns.shtml. My hope was to categorize my scripts in themes that are more or less always the same.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Treponema
Level III

Re: Group scripts in themes in a data table?

An add-in is probably exactly what I am looking for. I'll try to make one.

thanks! :)

SDF1
Super User

Hi @Treponema,

This thread came up when I did a web search for "JSL scripts to group scripts in data table" as I was looking to do this exact thing.

Although I have the JMP 14 scripting manual, I typically go to the community pages first and see what solutions there are. In this instance, the book actually solved it faster!

At least when using JMP 14, you can:

Group scripts in a table manually by highlighting them and right clicking (for Windows machines), then selecting Group Scripts. They can be renamed manually by the normal methods.

Or, you can write a JSL code to do it for you, which I found in the manual on p. 445.

Example:

dt << Group Scripts(
"Group Name",{"Script 1", "Script 2",..."Script N"}
);

You can then move them around in the data table, similar to moving a column.

Example:

dt << Move Script Group("Group Name", to last | after("Script B"));

Where you would choose either "to last" or "after()".

You can even write scripts that perform operations on the scripts within a Group by first getting the list of scripts within a group in the data table and operating on the desired script (by number) within the Group.

I haven't gotten through a whole lot of the book, but it's very helpful and so far has been much better at explaining things compared to the Scripting Index within JMP (although that's quite helpful too).

Hope this helps!,

DS

Treponema
Level III

Hi DS, thanks alot!

that was easy (in JMP 14)! Didn't see it before. Either it's a new feature or something I never noticed. Thanks alot :)

SDF1
Super User

Hi @Treponema,

Glad it helped. I was really surprised with how easy it was to get it to work with the JSL script.

I'm not sure when they put that feature in, but since your original post was about 3 yrs ago, it could be a newer feature since then.

DS