cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Monomorphist
Level III

Graph x-axis offset when report embedded in new window

Here's a little puzzle: I'm running a macro that produces various graphs and stats and compiles/arranges them in a final result window. I've written this macros years ago and it always delivered. SInce upgrade to JMP17, I realise however, that one of the graphs has the x-axis offset in the final result window, meaning, the graph's axis does no longer correspond to the graph!?! I've attached a screenshot of the graph (qls) after being written to the report (red square): 

rqls = qls << report;

and after the report (rqls) is arranged in a new window together with the other items

New Window ("Duplicates",
	Outline Box ("[Project Name] - Duplicate Analysis",
		VListBox (
			HlistBox (rdis),
			VListBox (
				HListBox (
					VListBox (rbiv),
					VListBox (rowy, rqls)
				),

Bizarrely, the x.axis of the graph has shifted by 3 or 4 units and is now incorrect! The graph window does no longer start at 0, but rather at -4 or so, and my result of 47% has become something like 43%

Axis_Offset in JMP Report.jpg

Any ideas what goes wrong here?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Graph x-axis offset when report embedded in new window

Have you used the Show Tree Structure or Show Properties commands to see what has changed? Perhaps an invisible display box is shifting the remaining objects to a new position or a property is different now.

How are you building the custom window as far as composition of original objects?

Monomorphist
Level III

Re: Graph x-axis offset when report embedded in new window

I send the graph to report, then build the report into Vlist or HList Boxes, together with other reports. It worked in v. JMP10- JMP16  without glitch. In JMP17 now, I have an offset of the x-axis.

Edit: Attached the data table and the script:. Check the results: GraphBuilder sent to report: OK. As soon as report is sent to any other window - axis offset!