cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
wr
wr
Level II

Graph builder - access statistics and smoother data

Is there a way to get at the data that GB uses for plotting statistics (mean, sd) and smoother? Is this data stored in an array somewhere that can be accessed?

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Graph builder - access statistics and smoother data

Graph Builder doesn't export the internal data, but there are other mechanisms for getting the data from JMP. For instance, Tabulate or Tables > Summary will provide summary statistics. For smoother, an equivalent Fit Spline in Bivariate has a command to Save Predicted Values.

wr
wr
Level II

Re: Graph builder - access statistics and smoother data

The main reason why I was interested in getting at the plotted data was because when I added a spline fit to my graph (multiple overlaid time series trends expressed as mean+/-SEM), adding a spline smoother changed the autoscaled y-axis values (it zoomed out to the point where I couldn't see my trends).  So I thought maybe if I had access to the plotted means and SEMs, I could scale the axis manually by reading the max values of the arrays. I suppose I could use the Summarize function to get summary statistics and and Spline Eval function to get predicted values of the plotted data but it seemed like it might be more efficient to use the gb calculated and plotted data (also the summarize function does not seem to have the SEM statistic which I will have to calculate from SD and sqrt(count)).

Thanks!!