cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
KrissKdash
Level II

Graph builder Y axis

Hi,

I am trying to build Gantt charts on the JMP graph builder. Although there exists more than 90 categorical items on Y axis, only 50-60 of them are shown on Y axis. I tried to show all of items on Y axis in the Y axis option window, but it didn't work. Are there any possible options in JMP graph builder or JSL scripts to add all of categorical items on Y axis?

Also, I would like to reset (as default) the graphs after trying to magnify or reducing. How can I do that?

Thanks,

ES 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Graph builder Y axis

"I would like to reset (as default) the graphs after trying to magnify or reducing. How can I do that?"

Double-click the plot with the Magnifier. Control-click (Windows) or Command-click (Macintosh) to back out one level at a time.

See Help > Books > Essential Graphing and study Tools.

julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Graph builder Y axis

Hi @KrissKdash,

I believe you're hitting a limit on the number of Y items displayed not because of an actual upper limit (that then must be modified via jsl, etc), but because the text would overlap given the size of your graph, and so Graph Builder is hiding those labels to maintain legibility. You could try making the font size smaller for your Y axis in the Axis Settings, then Font, which should allow you to display more items. Alternatively, try making your graph larger vertically. You can even make it larger than the window side by turning Fit To Window off in the top red triangle > Fit To Window > Off. Then, resize the graph by dragging the corner of the graph, not the window. 

1.png

As for resetting the axis, a helpful option to know is Revert Axis, which you access by right-clicking any Axis (JMP-wide), then select Revert Axis, which will reset the axis to the original settings. 

2.png

I hope these help!

@julian