cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
arnaudsteyaert
Level II

Graph Builder: plotting geometrical mean with 95% confidence interval

I'm using JMP 16.2. I need to plot the geometric mean (with error bars indicating 95%CI) of a biological outcome for two groups of patients over four time-points. When selecting line I can choose Geometric Mean as Summary Statistic, but when I select Confidence Interval as Error Interval nothing happens. I presume this is because this would be Confidence Interval for means, not geometric means. Any idea how to get the desired result? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Graph Builder: plotting geometrical mean with 95% confidence interval

Hello @arnaudsteyaert ,

To use the confidence interval for the geometric mean for graphing, you need to first create a column in your data table with the formula. You can see the details of the calculation on the following page.

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2019/10/02/geometric-mean-deviation-cv-sas.html 

Once you have created the column, you can create a graph by following these steps.
--Select Graph --> Graph Builder
--Select Y and drag it to the left of the Y axis.
--Select Time and drag it to the bottom of the X axis.
--Select Group and drag it to the Overlay Zone
--Select Columns with Lower and Upper Confidence Interval Formula and drag them to the Interval zone.
--Select "Geometric Mean" in the "Summary Statistics" section.

Please see the attached sample data for your information. I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @arnaudsteyaert ,

To use the confidence interval for the geometric mean for graphing, you need to first create a column in your data table with the formula. You can see the details of the calculation on the following page.

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2019/10/02/geometric-mean-deviation-cv-sas.html 

Once you have created the column, you can create a graph by following these steps.
--Select Graph --> Graph Builder
--Select Y and drag it to the left of the Y axis.
--Select Time and drag it to the bottom of the X axis.
--Select Group and drag it to the Overlay Zone
--Select Columns with Lower and Upper Confidence Interval Formula and drag them to the Interval zone.
--Select "Geometric Mean" in the "Summary Statistics" section.

Please see the attached sample data for your information. I hope it helps.

arnaudsteyaert
Level II

Thanks a lot, works as a charm!