cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
john_madden
Level VI

Graph Builder histogram question

I'm having trouble getting the display I want out of Graph Builder, and I'd like some help.

My data is a 3-level-categorical test result; the test is performed monthly.

• My result column is 1-byte integer, ordinal, with value labels (0 = "low", 1 = "medium", 2 = "high").
  • My time column is numeric, continuous, m/y format. (The test is perfomed once a month on the same calendar day each month.)

I would like to get a histogram graph where the x-axis is the month of the test, and the y-axis is the count of each result level. I would like one bar for each month, and I want the results to be stacked in that single bar, with each level is a different color. I don't want all the bars scaled to the same total height; I want the total height of the bar to be proportional to the total number of tests.

I thought this would be easy, but for some reason I can't quite get what I want. Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dale_lehman
Level VII

Re: Graph Builder histogram question

Attached might be what you are looking for - execute the embedded script to see.  If this is what you want, I think your main problem was having month as a continuous variable, rather than nominal.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dale_lehman
Level VII

Attached might be what you are looking for - execute the embedded script to see.  If this is what you want, I think your main problem was having month as a continuous variable, rather than nominal.

john_madden
Level VI

Thanks, Dale! That worked -- and it even works with month being continuous.