cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Alida
Level I

Graph Builder: Y-Variable plotted as "Mean(Variable)" when adding a line to the graph

n/a

I have created a scatter plat with two different variables and my graph appears as expected. The issue is that when I add a line to the graph, this line is automatically associated with a summary statistic (the default is "mean"), even though none of the points actually need to be averaged. The graph displays everything as I would expect, so this wouldn't be a problem except the automatically generated graph title and legend all include something along the lines of "Mean(variable)".

If I right click on the line and navigate to summary statistic, I see that it can be changed - see screenshot. However, there does not seem to be an option to remove the summary statistic altogether for lines. [note that for points, there is a "none" summary statistic option]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph Builder: Y-Variable plotted as "Mean(Variable)" when adding a line to the graph

Select the Row Order option for the Line

txnelson_0-1714685706005.png

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph Builder: Y-Variable plotted as "Mean(Variable)" when adding a line to the graph

Select the Row Order option for the Line

txnelson_0-1714685706005.png

Jim
Alida
Level I

That worked, thank you!