cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
datanaut
Level III

Graph Builder Selections Don't Carry Thru Copy/Paste into PowerPoint on Windows or Mac

My JMP/OS I'm using:

JMP® 16.2.0 (570548)
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit (10.0.14393.0)

OR

JMP® 16.2.0

MacOS Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82)

Problem: Create the graphbuilder plot below using the BigClass sample data set.

Select the 15 year olds as shown (screen clip).  I have my highlight preference set to 'make larger' on Mac.

datanaut_1-1688669459928.png

Click 'done' and then Command-C (copy) to copy the plot.  The paste into powerpoint:

datanaut_2-1688669666558.png

The problem is that the data highlight is removed.  The same is true on my windows version to powerpoint on windows.  Is this a setting I need to change?  I thought I used to be able to do this?  

Selecting data is a helpful way to draw audience attention in live mode and I'd also want this to be able to carry thru with passive (e.g. paste into powerpoint) mode.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Graph Builder Selections Don't Carry Thru Copy/Paste into PowerPoint on Windows or Mac

Hello @datanaut ,

This is a possible workaround. I've tried this on my Windows OS (I haven't tried it on Mac OS).
- Right click on the graph and select Edit > Copy Graph.
Hope it works.

datanaut
Level III

Re: Graph Builder Selections Don't Carry Thru Copy/Paste into PowerPoint on Windows or Mac

@yuichi_katsumur ,

Thanks for your reply to my question.  This does indeed work for me on both windows and mac.  

I'm curious if there are any other ideas out there where it could be a default or permit me to use the selection tool or Ctrl-C.  If none appear, I'll mark this as the solution.

vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

I always copy just with the selection tool and paste using paste special> Picture (Enhanced metafile) and it works for me.   

Vince Faller - Predictum