cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AnnaM

Grand mean - Round value on chart

Hey JMP Commuity!

I'm trying to find a way to get the grand mean that's shown on a variability chart to show to either a whole number or to one decimal place. 

I've tried formatting column properties as I've read this is related to the displayed mean (tried multiple options but mainly precision) but no luck!

I've also read about the rounding function, but my understanding is this only works when you specify the number - is there a way to do this for a grand mean? I'm also not very savvy with the code so I'm not entirely sure where in my script this would go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, 

Anna

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: Grand mean - Round value on chart

If I remember correctly that Avg text in variability charts has been built in fairly annoying way and manipulating it isn't that simple. It is in its own framebox and is using CustomStreamSeg which isn't documented segment.

You can slightly modify the rounding using Fixed Dec formatting (no idea how JMP determines what to show in the Avg)

Best:

jthi_0-1724928838473.png

Fixed Dec

jthi_1-1724928855763.png

So if this is enough I would try it first.

-Jarmo