cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Yoga
Level I

Getting Line scan data from contour plots in jmp

Hi, 

I have contour plot and I'd like to look at how the data varies along a line in the contour plot. 

For eg, the contour plot is a film thickness contour plot. And I'd like to see how the thickness varies along a line I draw anywhere on the contour plot. 

Is this possible?

Yoga

12 REPLIES 12
Yoga
Level I

Re: Getting Line scan data from contour plots in jmp

Hi Morgan, 

Thanks again. Much appreciate it. Will modify my scripts accordingly. 

yoga

Yoga
Level I

Hi Morgan, 

There were a few (minor) syntax errors in the sample code you sent for my example. It took me some time  (am very new to jmp scripting) to fix it but it finally works like I want. Thanks again for the help. I am attaching the modified script below for others who may want it.

I have also realized that if the script is stored in the data table, I don't need to specify any (long) location path. Strangely I can't save a new script file to the data table. It has to be saved as as a separate jsl file. To work-around, I open an already existing script in my data table and modify it to input the new script. 

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Yoga,

There are multple methods to add a script to a data table.  I think JMP could make it easier. As an FYI, this script shows just 3 methods to add a script. 

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
myScript = Expr(Distribution( Column( :Height, :Weight ), By( :sex )) );

//---hard coded method below
//dt << New Script("New Script",Distribution( Column( :Height, :Weight ), By( :sex ))  );

//--or use the syntax below that uses expression substitution then Eval() to run it
//Eval( Substitute(Expr( dt << New Script( "New Script", _xx ) ), Expr(_xx), NameExpr(myScript) ) );

//---or use Eval Expr() that does the substitution and Eval() that runs it
Eval( Eval Expr(dt << New Script("New Script", Expr(NameExpr( myScript) ) ) ) );