Level II

Get As Report - Text Justification

Hello, 

I am trying to justify the text to the left:

Niros_0-1656830764850.png

VLB2<<append( Report_P = CollectionFileStacked<<Get As Report );
Report_P[Tablebox(1)] << Set Underline Headings(1);
Report_P[Tablebox(1)] << Horizontal Alignment( "Left" );

This doesn't seem to work, I also try to unselect specific columns with no success, the Scripting Index for the 'Get As Report' and 'Table Box' doesn't seem to be of much help...

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Get As Report - Text Justification

The tablebox is a collection of columnboxes (StringColBox,NumberColBox).  You need to use messages at that level of the display tree.  But I think you might find that justification (<<SetJustify) only works with string column boxes.

-Dave
txnelson
Super User

Re: Get As Report - Text Justification

When a data table is moved to a Report format by using << Get As Report, it is moved into a Table Box object, not into a Text Box.  And even more specifically, since Date is a numeric column, it is moved into a Number Col Box object which is right justified.  Looking into the Script Index, for Number Col Box I do not see any way to change the justification, for a Number Col Box.

A solution to your problem would be to change the Data Type of the Date column  to Character  in the data table.  Then do your Get As Report,.  Then your Date column will be moved into a String Col Box object, which is left justified.

Jim