cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JW
JW
Level II

Generalized Linear Mixed Model (GLMM) JMP Pro 13 ?

Can JMP Pro 13 do generalized linear mixed models ? It seems that the Fit Model platform does not offer this option. If not, is there another way of doing this in JMP? ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Generalized Linear Mixed Model (GLMM) JMP Pro 13 ?

Hi JW,

Neither JMP 13 nor JMP Pro 13 support generalized linear mixed-effects models. We have this feature-request documented so development is aware of the interest.

Julian

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
julian

Hi JW,

Neither JMP 13 nor JMP Pro 13 support generalized linear mixed-effects models. We have this feature-request documented so development is aware of the interest.

Julian

JW
JW
Level II

Thank you for your reply. It's really unfortunate that JMP does not offer the option to do GLMMs yet. I was hoping to use JMP for my data analyses but I guess I'll have to learn how to use R or SAS now. 

ehodina
Level I

Has GLMM support been added for 14? I'm looking through the Fit Model options now but not finding anything that would seem to work.

julian

Hi @ehodina,

GLMM are not supported in JMP 14. Development is aware of this feature request and I will be sure to update this thread once these models are available in JMP.  

@julian

jpmontagne
Level III

Has Generalized Linear Mixed Model (GLMM) been added to JMP 15 ?

Almost all of my work involves random effects, and I really need to be able to include them in the GLM, nominal logistic and ordinal logistic platforms. If it still hasn't been added at this point, will it ever be? This will directly impact how many users at my organization will choose to update their annual licenses for 2020. As an alternative, is there an R add-in that will allow us to run GLMMs?

jpmontagne
Level III

Re: Has Generalized Linear Mixed Model (GLMM) been added to JMP 15 ?

no, GLMM is not supported in JMP 15.
michaelyoung
Level II

Re: Has Generalized Linear Mixed Model (GLMM) been added to JMP 15 ?

I've been extremely patient and I've reached the conclusion that the continuing absence of this functionality is on purpose.  Perhaps they're trying to protect SAS sales, but they're merely making me give up and start teaching R to our students.  Short-term thinking on their part because more of my students are switching to R and giving up on JMP.