cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Treponema
Level III

Functional data explorer (fDoE) - how to merge all responses together in one profiler

Hi community,

I have a cell culture based DoE experiment that I am analyzing in functional data explorer, using the (awesome) fDoE feature. While everything works as I want it to, I now have each of my responses in separate fDoE profilers. I want to chain all my fDoE responses together in one profiler (as my DoE factors are the same). 

Each of my responses are dependent on each other, if that matters.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Functional data explorer (fDoE) - how to merge all responses together in one profiler

Sorry that I do not have more time right now but maybe you can try this exercise to see it is a reasonable direction. Perhaps you are using the Functional DOE feature in FDE. It works great! But you can also click the red triangle next to Function Summaries and select Save Summaries. Now you have the factors (Z, Supplementary variables) and the FPCs in a new data table. Do this action for both responses (eventually all of them). Now select Tables > Join and match on row numbers, since the tables should be in the same row number.

Does this suggestion get you closer?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Functional data explorer (fDoE) - how to merge all responses together in one profiler

What is the functional data (response) that you observe? That is, what is the domain and range of the function in your cell culture? How many different kinds of functional responses to you observe in your experiment?

How are the responses dependent on each other? Do you mean correlated? There is a dependence among the responses that does not depend on the factor levels?

Treponema
Level III

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. I should have known there wouldn't be a quick'n' easy explanation :)

For the sake of simplicity: 

I have three factors I vary between an adequate number of cell culture runs (as per DoE design). Factors are: Cell bank (categorical), feed strategy (ordinal) and media type (categorical).

I have two responses. Cell growth (viable cells / mL) and Lactate (g/L) both measured over time. Both are measured with no fixed interval in between (sparse data I think it is called). The responses are correlated (thanks for correcting me), i.e. lactate level will always depend on cell growth. Both cell growth and lactate levels may also be influenced by the factor changes.

I then run FDE and want to see how my factors impact my response curves by means of the fDoE profiler. This works as intended. I then want to see how the factors impact all my responses in the same profilerwindow. I (think I) want to save prediction formulas and input these together in Graph --> Profiler, but I am kind of stumped on how to do that. And so here I am :)

In reality I have many more responses than the two mentioned.

Cheers

Sorry that I do not have more time right now but maybe you can try this exercise to see it is a reasonable direction. Perhaps you are using the Functional DOE feature in FDE. It works great! But you can also click the red triangle next to Function Summaries and select Save Summaries. Now you have the factors (Z, Supplementary variables) and the FPCs in a new data table. Do this action for both responses (eventually all of them). Now select Tables > Join and match on row numbers, since the tables should be in the same row number.

Does this suggestion get you closer?