cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Byron_JMP
Staff

Formula for scoring defect counts

I need a little help with a formula

In this scenario I have a column of counts, the number of things included in a lot. In a second column I have the count of defects.

In another table I have the number of allowed defects for a range of parts in the lot.

for example:

parts, allowed defects

1-10,   1

11-20, 2

21-30, 3

31-40, 4

Using JSL, this is pretty easy. I can just make the max parts column and allowed defects column in to a matrix and do this:

xx=39; //number of defects
//count and limit must have the same number of items
count=[10,20,30,40,50,60];  //max for the bin
limit=[1,2,3,4,5,6];		//count limit
for (i=1, i<=nitems(count),i++,
if (xx>=count[i],yy=limit[i]);
);
show(yy)

What I need is a column in the data table that reports the maximum number of defects allowed. Then I can use that to make other columns to show the percent of limit and another to show text, like, "whoa, that's too many" or something like that.

I'm stuck converting this into a table formula, 

Please send help,

Byron

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: Formula for scoring defect counts

I cannot really convert the question to what is needed. Seeing some mock-up of the first table and the desired result would most likely clear the question at least for me.

Do you want to get allowed defect count back to first table as column formula? Is the first tables "count of things" somehow related to range of parts?

-Jarmo