cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
CG
CG
Level III

Fix color based on value (graph builder overlay)

JMP users,

I need some suggestion how to fix color assignment to a value in a column and be fixed while plotting it in graph builder.

I have one column with 1 (pass) and 0 (fail) values which populates based on some formula's from other columns.

I am using graph builder and using this *column* to distinguish pass/fail. I am looking to fix 1 as "Green" and 0 as "Red".

it works fine in graph builder when both values are present in column i.e. 0 is red and 1 is green. Sample code below -

{Legend Model(47,
Properties( 0, {Line Color( "Red" )} ),
Properties( 1, {Line Color( "Green" )} )
)}

The issue I encounter when there is only one of the value present in the column i.e. either 0 or 1 (in other words all values are pass or all values are fail). In this case, graph builder doesn't pick assigned color

I have tried to set property and fix color in the column as well but doesn't seem helping when either one of is missing.

Is there a better way to have fix color to both values and graph builder would show accordingly?

I am using JMP12.1.0

Thanks for help in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
txnelson
Super User

Re: Fix color based on value (graph builder overlay)

You are correct, in JMP 12, the colors do not hold.

Jim
CG
CG
Level III

do you know which version does it?

txnelson
Super User

It appears that It was fixed in JMP 13
Jim