cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LGaspard_98
Level I

Fit multiple peaks on a FTIR spectrum data

Hi all, 

I would like to know if it was possible to fit multiple peaks (a lot, more than 10) from a FTIR spectra using JMP? I have read some things about using the modelling "Fit Curve"or "Fit non-linear" but it tries to fit one single curve for the entire set of data instead of individual peaks. 

Thanks,

Louis

2 REPLIES 2
Victor_G
Super User

Re: Fit multiple peaks on a FTIR spectrum data

Hi @LGaspard_98,

Welcome in the Community !

For the analysis of spectral data, I would recommend trying the Functional Data Explorer. This platform comes with many interesting modeling options (Wavelets models, Multivariate Curve Resolution, Peak Finder, ...) for spectral data.

There are some ressources that can help you using this platform and give you some ideas for modeling :

Peaks, Pipes, Presets, Profiles, and Python in JMP® 18 - JMP User Community

Analyzing Chemometric Data – What’s New in JMP® 18 

Analyzing spectral data: Modeling options 

I hope this answer will help you,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics

Re: Fit multiple peaks on a FTIR spectrum data

Hi @LGaspard_98 ,

As Victor mentioned, we have a lot of valuable tools available in the Functional Data Explorer tool to pick and model peaks, we can also perform multivariate modelling, with techniques like Partial Least Squares that can work well to create a predictive model of multidimensional spectra data.

Here is a great guide on spectral analysis in JMP: https://www.jmp.com/en_gb/articles/analyzing-spectral-data-modeling-options.html 

Do you have an example of what you're trying to achieve? An example dataset?

“All models are wrong, but some are useful”