cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JL_LZH
Level III

Fit graph size to data (graph builder)

Hello,

I'm sure there is a pretty easy solution but I just don't get it.

When I change the scale of the axis, for example with the magnifier, how do I get back to the overview of the beginning that shows me all data points? Something like "scale to fit".

I also encounter the problem when using the local data filter in a oneway analysis. When I change the filter, the graph won't scale to the new data..

Thanks

@martindemel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Fit graph size to data (graph builder)

@martindemel  talks about resetting axis scaling.  I believe you are using the Magnify tool to zoom in on a graph.  To return a Magnified image back to the original magnification, select the Magnify tool and then just double click on the graph.

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

To reset the axis you can right click on the axis of interest and select "reset axis". Another way is in the hotspot (red triangle) going to redo -> automatic recalc. This option will automatically scale the axis to the new points. However if you have manually changed the axis, e.g. by dragging or setting the axis settings, this will not rescale - as it honors your wish to have specific axis. Hope that helps to do what you want.

/****NeverStopLearning****/
txnelson
Super User

@martindemel  talks about resetting axis scaling.  I believe you are using the Magnify tool to zoom in on a graph.  To return a Magnified image back to the original magnification, select the Magnify tool and then just double click on the graph.

Jim
JL_LZH
Level III

Thank you both for the quick reply. The answer from @txnelson was exactly what I needed.