cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bobmorrane
Level V

Formulas in data table not re-evaluating

Howdy,

So today I have an issue with formulas not updating in my data table.

I have a large table with a bunch of measurements. There is a script that sets columns with formulas to evaluate specifications contained in data table variables. These formulas are generated in the following way :

Eval( Eval Expr(Column(Concat(columnName," Spec"))<< Set Formula(

If( Column(expr(columnName))[]>Expr(USL),							
 Column(expr(Concat(expr(columnName)," Spec")))[]="High",

If( Column(expr(columnName))[]<Expr(LSL),
Column(expr(Concat(expr(columnName)," Spec")))[]="Low",	
Column(expr(Concat(expr(columnName)," Spec")))[]="OK"; ) ) )));

These formulas work fine but they only evaluate when they are set. When I try to change a value in a column, the specification is not evaluated. I checked in the column properties and the formula evaluations are enabled. The formulas do re-evaluate I check then uncheck the "suppress formula evaluation".

I tried to modify this script by replacing "Columns" with "As Columns" and removing the []. This did not solve the  issue and made the implementation of these formulas 50% slower.

I tried to manually set formulas with the same template but using the actual column names (:Column instead of Column (expr (ColumnName )  and they do work correctly. e.g, whenever I change a value in one of the columns, the formula is evaluated straight away.

So, is there a way to force re-evaluation upon modifying cells? ** NOT clicking the red button and re-evaluating all the formulas of the data table **

Or perhaps another work around would be to have a script that writes the actual column names (e.g. :Column ) instead of having the Eval(expr(column (columname))).

So it looks like this:

Capture22.PNG

instead of looking like this:

Capture.PNG

Any ideas ?

~~Bob~~
1 REPLY 1

Re: Formulas in data table not re-evaluating

I cannot test it but I think that this approach might work:

Eval(
	Substitute(
		Expr(