cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
OneNorthJMP
Level V

Fit Y by X Legend with Color & Marker

How am i able to do plot Fit Y by X with 2 separate group legend, 1 with color , another by marker type like chart below. I know it can be done by using graph builder overlay + color. But i cannot find the way to do it in Fit Y by X or Valiability Plot. Please advise.

fit_y_by_x_marker.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OneNorthJMP
Level V

Re: Fit Y by X Legend with Color & Marker

After multiple try, i think i got what i want.

It need to carried out by 2 step.

the first step is chose *MARKER* but set without colour.

step1.png

then 2nd step by set no marker but chose *COLOUR*

step2.png

And the final outcome that i want.

outcome.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
txnelson
Super User

Well, I think it can be done.  

challenge.PNG

The data table had to be modified...see the attached table.  I then had to group first by Age, and create the linear regressions, then on Group, and then Group again with the Sex column, and then generate those regression lines.

Finally in the data table, there is a new column called Column 5, which is a composite of the Age and Sex values.  It is used to generate the row states for the rows, matching to the legend colors and markers set for the 2 groupings.

Not very pretty in getting it done, but.......it was possible 

Jim
OneNorthJMP
Level V

hi txnelson,

your example indeed only grouping by the later one which is 'age'. I couldn't see and point that are show the 1st grouping sex F '+' & M 'diamond'.

I want 1st grouping different by color.

2nd grouping different by marker.

But the row legend only accept 1. If i choose the 2nd one, the 2nd one will replace the first one.

txnelson
Super User

You are correct........and I should have more clearly stated what I was attempting to show.  Here is a further modification of the output

challenge2.PNG

What I intended to illustrate, was that using the features of JMP data tables and the Bivariate Platform, that you can probably get the display to the point that you want it.  Getting the graph to the point that I displayed, took several steps to get the legends you desired, and the linear regressions you wanted.  It also then took a lot of manual work changing the colors and markers to the point that I displayed.  I was hoping to illustrate that your precise goal was probably possible.  And I think it is......but it will take your knowledge of exactly what you want, and the mapping of it to data table changes and Bivariate Platform features to make the final product.

Jim
OneNorthJMP
Level V

After multiple try, i think i got what i want.

It need to carried out by 2 step.

the first step is chose *MARKER* but set without colour.

step1.png

then 2nd step by set no marker but chose *COLOUR*

step2.png

And the final outcome that i want.

outcome.png

TedLi
Level I

Hi,

Could you please let me know how to make the feature beside the bivaiate chart?

I try different bottom but can not work.

Thank you1.jpg

Right-click in the plot frame and select Row Legend.

TedLi
Level I

It is work, thank you so mych!