Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ben1
Level I

First time using JMP

Hi guys,

For my master thesis, i am working on pupil diamanter measurement and my supervisor told me to install JMP Pro and she took one of my trial participants and cleaned up the raw data.

However, she wouldn't be able to meet me for some time and asked me to clean up the data like she has. The issue is that I never tried the program before. Now some of it makes sense with regards to deleting the columns, but for instance the blue things she has added, I don't know how she has done it, so perhaps anyone can help me, so i can start moving into the actual statistical analysis.

The first picture is the raw data, and the second part is the cleaned up version.

I can also send the two files, if need be.

Kind regards,
Ben

FWBsZL8.jpeg

joOrk8C.jpeg

d9uj228.jpeg

NOD33kh.jpeg

   

12 REPLIES 12
txnelson
Super User

Re: First time using JMP

My best guess is that what you need to do, is to copy and past into an Excel spreadsheet, all rows and columns from row 25 through row 5941.

Then save the spreadsheet to your hard drive.

Next, go back to JMP and then open the Excel spreadsheet into JMP.

There are several rows of data that appear to be wrongly lined up.  You will need to go down through the rows, and copy and paste the offset rows back to where they belong.  An example of this is row 50 and 51 in the original data table.

Once you have manually moved the various wrongly lined up rows, you can then delete all of the columns that are no longer needed to hold the invalid lined up data.

Finally, the graph comparing the pupil size vs time can be created using the Graph Builder platform

Graph=>Graph Builder

Jim
Ben1
Level I

Hi, I think have the solution.

My supervisors JMP file, her numbers was written as 3,19, where I has my values as 3.19.

The difference seems to lie in "." & ",".

Is there a way I can replace all the "." in a column with ","?

txnelson
Super User

You can go to 

Edit=>Find

There you can specify to replace all of your "." in your table with ",".

Jim