cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Engr6216
Level I

Finlay Wilkinson Analysis

I am totally new to JMP and statistics. Can anyone share a learning material about Finlay-Wilkinson Regression and how to execute it in JMP15. We are going to use this in our field crop experiments. Thank you in advance!!

4 REPLIES 4
Georg
Level VII

Re: Finlay Wilkinson Analysis

I don't think that JMP has built in exactly this method (found nothing in help, and I even don't know what it does exactly). But if you are new to JMP and decided to work with it, you may want to look at the documentation for regression and other modeling types Use Regression with Multiple Predictors (jmp.com), JMP has many methods to model every type of datasets. And there are many examples for it, to understand how it works (Help --> Sample Data).

And if you have a sample dataset, this would be the best way to get help from the community.

Georg

There is nothing special about this model. It is another case of someone re-discovering the same thing in a new field. You want to add a term for each of the 'main effects' and then a cross-term for their interaction effect.

Please see documentation about the Fit Model launch dialog to specify the terms and the Fit Least Squares platform for more details about the reports, commands, and options.

It is disappointing that you are designing and running experiments before you learn and decide about the model. The proper design depends on the model and analysis.

Michael_MXAK
Level IV

@Engr6216 Welcome to the JMP community!

Great info from @Mark_Bailey! That would suggest that future experiments would work very nicely with the Custom Design platform under DOE in JMP. That's a great way to build your field trial with the analysis in mind, and make sure what you're testing fits the analysis method and answers the experimental question. Check out Design of Experiments (DOE) Course | JMP for an introduction to DOE, and the rest of the modules at Statistical Thinking - Free Online Statistics Course | JMP for a lot of other topics.

Engr6216
Level I

thank you @Mark_Bailey and @Michael_MXAK . point well taken on considering the model and analysis first. I am also half way thru the DOE course and learning a lot.