I have huge data in excel and it has multiple columes with same name ( this is format i get from tester). And i would like to calculate min, max, stdev and mean from all columes.
I tried to open data in JMP but JMP remanes the colume name to ( Av, Av1, Av2, Av3.......) and then if i use tabulate it shows min, max for Av, Av1, Av2.... etc., but i wanted min and max for all ( Av, Av1, Av3, ...).
Pls help. Attached raw data for.
Solved! Go to Solution.
All of what I am going to show you below is covered in the Using JMP book
What needs to be done is to create a new column in your data table, and apply a formula to the column.
1. Open the stacked data table and click on the red triangle in the column area above the row state column. Select "New Column"
2. The Column Info window will open. Change the name of the new column to whatever you want(I chose "Label 2"). Also change the Modeling Type to "Character"
3. Click on OK and then Right Click on the header area of the new column and select "Formula"
4. In the formula editor, double click on the box titled "No Formula"
5. Rather than doing the point and click formula building that we could do, with this simple formula, we just need to type it into the box
6. Once the typing is done, just click on OK or Apply and the formula will generate the new values
You can now use this new column in your Tabulate Platform
You will have to take more care in reading the XLSX, but if you put it on the Desktop, the script below gives the idea.
NamesDefaultToHere(1); // Put the .xlsx on the Desktop and open it dt = Open("$DESKTOP//Char Summary_web.xlsx"); // Just use the first few columns as a demonstration dt << deleteColumns(17::NCol(dt)); // Stack the data dt2 = dt << Stack( columns( :ZA 2, :ZA 3, :ZA 4, :ZA 5, :ZA 6, :ZA 7, :ZA 8, :ZA 9, :ZA 10, :ZA 11, :ZA 12, :ZA 13, :ZA 14 ), Source Label Column( "Label" ), Stacked Data Column( "Data" ), OutputTable((dt << getName)||" Stacked") ); // Use Tabulate dt2 << Tabulate( Show Control Panel( 0 ), Add Table( Column Table( Analysis Columns( :Data ), Statistics( Mean, Std Dev ) ), Row Table( Grouping Columns( :wafer ) ) ) );
Super.. It worked half way.. I have multiple parameters... Av1, Av2.... and FIMO, FIMO2, ....which needs to be seperated as well. The current script stack everything but doen't decode label to original names
The JMP platforms in JMP are very functional, and that's true for 'Tables > Stck' too. The documentation is generally good, and if not, you can suggest how it could be improved.
Take a look at the Multiple Series Stack option.
Sorry, I didn't get. Pls show me. I have attahced stackd file. You will see many lables Av, A10, .... I want min and max from Av.xx lable. Similarity from all other labels
Is this what you are looking for?
If it is, all I did was to add a new column to your stacked data table, calling it "New Label" and specifying a formula for the column as:
Word(1, :Label, " ")
The interpretation of the formula is to look at the "Label" column, and take the first Word from that column, where the delimiter is based upon blanks, " "