cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
robot
Level VI

Find All Display Tree Elements

Hi,

I would like to use JSL to get a list of all the objects within a display tree for scripting purposes.  Specifically, I would like to get a list of all the FrameBoxes within a window, and then add a graphics script to each.  Or better still, I would like to return a list of available FrameBoxes to the user, and then have the user select which graphics script to add.

How can I get a list of all the FrameBoxes in a window?  I would like to get a list that is in a form suitable for scripting, and not just view the Display Tree.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
robot
Level VI

Re: Find All Display Tree Elements

Hi MS,

The problem appears to be that "parent << getTitle" does not yield a result for Graph Builder in JMP10.

My team will make due without this for JMP10.  Thanks for your help!

tova
Level III

I am trying to run this script, but I am getting the error message :

Send Expects Scriptable Object{1} in access or evaluation of 'Send' , node << /*###*/className/*###*/

ANy idea why or what I should do?

thanks

tova
Level III

I am trying to run this script, but I am getting the error message:

Send Expects Scriptable Object{1} in access or evaluation of 'Send' , node << /*###*/className/*###*/

ANy idea why or what I should do?

THanks,

Tova

txnelson
Super User

What version of JMP are you using?

Are you running on a Windows box or on a Mac?

Could you please clear the log, rerun the script, and then include the entire log output in your next response?

Jim
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

This worked for me if you don't need all the other stuff Ian built in.  Don't know why it's returning lists of lists but I just select the first one.

dt = open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

biv = (dt << Bivariate(Y(:height, :weight), X(:age)));

frame_list = biv << xpath("//FrameBox");

wait(2);

frame_list[1][1]<<Select;

wait(2);

frame_list[2][1]<<Select;

Vince Faller - Predictum