cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lara90
Level I

Filtering and row selections

I have data where each row is data from a certain day of a cell culture batch. Only the rows for the last day of each cell culture has the information for product quality. Now I am trying to filter out batches based on product quality at the end of the culture but I want to select all the days of those cultures so that I can compare them throughout the culture time. In the example the filter gets me row 3 but is it possible to "go back" and select lines 1 and 2 as well based on the batch ID column? 

Example: 

Row number   Batch ID   Culture day    pH Offline    Product quality    

1                      Batch 1     0                  7.2               NA

2                      Batch 1     1                  7.21             NA

3                      Batch 1     2                  7.15             23.5

2 REPLIES 2
Georg
Level VII

Re: Filtering and row selections

There is an easy answer, and there are more complex, depending on what you'd like to do further.

So lag() may be the function to use for adressing values of previous rows, see screenshot, ensuring, that the same batch is addressed.

If culture day (is it of type date originally?) is just a ordered integer, also Split-Table may be an option to have all values of a batch in different columns in the same row.

See also documentation:

Row Functions (jmp.com)

Split Columns (jmp.com)

Additionally you can build more complex functions (e.g. minimum date of "Culture Day").

Georg
txnelson
Super User

Re: Filtering and row selections

I am assuming that you want to do this one Batch ID at a time, since if you did it for all Batch IDs you would have all of your rows selected.  

To select all of the rows for a given Batch ID, just right click on one of the cells where Batch ID has the value you want to examine, and then select "Select Matching Cells", and all of the rows for that Batch ID will be selected.

Jim