Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ndowidar
Level III

Filtering and plotting data

Hello, 

I would like to plot and identify outliers within say three different batches. Each batch contains about 80 values. What would be a good way to plot and highlight the outliers between these 3 batches? 

I thought maybe using the Animation feature in the local data filter to walk through the comparison would work, but I have a feeling that there's a better way. Here is an image that I was attempting to use. Those box plots will move up or down around the threshold. The idea was that as the Animation runs I could stop it to check which batch had a high or low outlier. But I wonder if there's a simpler way to show more data at once to capture the outliers between the batches. 

Thanks so much for your help! 

ndowidar_0-1644619179683.png

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Filtering and plotting data

I would first take a look at the Outlier Analysis in

Analysis=>Screening=>Explore Outliers

Jim
ndowidar
Level III

Thank you so much! I've never used that function! I'm looking into that now. Will need to educate m'self a bit more about K Sigma, PCA outliers...etc. But I'm excited to learn if this would help. 

jthi
Super User

Also checkout Understanding Outliers blog series by @JerryFish . In some of the episodes (2 and 3) he does the use Explore Outliers which @txnelson already mentioned

-Jarmo