cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
pankti
Level I

Fill consecutive rows

I have a large data set and will like to fill consecutive rows with top value. 

pankti_0-1615332538971.png

5 REPLIES 5
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Fill consecutive rows

Hi @pankti,

You can use the "Replace Missing with Previous Value" function that is a part of the data table. Select the entire column, then right click the top value > Fill > Replace Missing with Previous Value.

replace.gif

 I hope this helps!

@julian 

pankti
Level I

@julian, is this a feature in new versions of JMP. We are using JMP 13.2.1 and unable to update. Thanks 

Kevin_Anderson
Level VI

Hi, pankti!

Try this formula:

Floor( (Row() - 1) / 4 ) + 1

Good luck!

Kevin

julian

Good thinking, @Kevin_Anderson! I didn't even consider that the question might be less about spanning these values in general and more about creating a sequence. If this is the case @pankti, Kevin's already provided you one flexible option to create such a sequence. I'll give one more, which is to use the built in Sequence() function in a column formula. The syntax is:

julian_0-1615426069828.png

For your situation, it appears you would use something like:

Sequence(1,99999,1,7)

That is, numbering from 1 to some value (high enough where you don't then start over), incrementing by 1 each step, and repeating each value 7 times before incrementing. 

Julian

julian

Hi @pankti,

Yes, this feature was added in JMP 14. With JMP 13 or earlier you have a few options:

I think you will find a lot of use from the Add-In, so that is my recommendation. 

Julian