cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sdgff
Level I

Extracting data from Surface plot

Dear All,

I have fitted my response with three variables and found out the expression that relates the response to three variables. Now, I plotted the surfaces by keeping one of the variable constant using Graph---> Surface plot. Is there a way to extract the fitted surface into an excel sheet (X, Y, Z data) so that I can plot it in any other software?

Thanks,

Suraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Extracting data from Surface plot

If you have a model, there are many ways to do this, including the Contour Profiler, as mentioned. You could also use the Prediction Profiler in a similar fashion. If you want control on the various points, create a new table with the grid you desire and copy the prediction formula into the new table.

However, I do want to know: what is missing from the JMP Surface Plot that you want to see?

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

I am not aware of this ability in Surface Plot, however, you can use Contour Plot, and it will output the values.

Jim

If you have a model, there are many ways to do this, including the Contour Profiler, as mentioned. You could also use the Prediction Profiler in a similar fashion. If you want control on the various points, create a new table with the grid you desire and copy the prediction formula into the new table.

However, I do want to know: what is missing from the JMP Surface Plot that you want to see?

Dan Obermiller
sdgff
Level I

Thank you for your suggestion.

I actually want to overlay different surface plots on to a single plot which I am not able to do in JMP and also add transparency to the surface. So, I want to extract the surface so that I can plot in other softwares.

Thanks,

Suraj
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

The script below is copied from the Scripting Index. Run the script and from the Prediction Profiler menu, select Reset Factor Grid. A dialog opens where you can set the low and high values and the number of points.   When finished (OK), select Output Grid Table. I think this might give you what your want.

I am interested in what software (routine) you will be using to generate the surface overlay. 

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Tiretread.jmp" );
obj = Profiler(
	Y(
		:Pred Formula ABRASION,
		:Pred Formula MODULUS,
		:Pred Formula ELONG,
		:Pred Formula HARDNESS
	),
	Desirability Functions( 1 )
);
obj << Surface Profiler( 1 );