cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Konstantinos
Level II

Extract Control Limits in Data Table

Hi,

when I use the process screening platform, I have the great ability to build control limits for different products and to combine each product with their distinct specification by using the grouping fuction and Limits Table.

In the summary report output, I receive a wide range of different statistics. What is missing for my purpose are the control limit values. Is there a possibility to get the control limits in the summary table or get the control limits extracted in one table?

Is there maybe a possibility to get the grouping function also in the control chart plattform?

Many thanks in advance for any support.

@martindemel 

Best Regards

Kosta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Extract Control Limits in Data Table

I do not see a selection option to output the Control Limits to the Summary Table, however, it is a very simple 3 step process to interactively add the limits.  Once you have created the Summary Table, and have created the Control Charts for Selected Items, simply do the following:

1. Go to the Control Chart output and right click on the Control Limits table for one of the displayed columns.  Right click on the Control Limits table and select "Make Combined Data Table"
  2. In the new table delete the rows that have the control limits for the Moving Range or whatever variance chart was displayed (i.e. Range, Std Dev, etc.)
  3. Go back to the Summary table and go to the Tables=>Update pull down menu and update the rows in the table with the rows in the Control Limits table by matching on the column called "Column" from the Summary table, with the column called "Y" in the Control Limits table.

If you want both the response columns Control Limits and the variance columns Control Limits to be added to the Summary table, then change step 2 above, from deleting the variance chart limits, to going to

Tables=>Split

and using it to split the table by Points Plotted, grouping on the Y column.  Then Update the Summary table with the Split table.

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

I do not see a selection option to output the Control Limits to the Summary Table, however, it is a very simple 3 step process to interactively add the limits.  Once you have created the Summary Table, and have created the Control Charts for Selected Items, simply do the following:

1. Go to the Control Chart output and right click on the Control Limits table for one of the displayed columns.  Right click on the Control Limits table and select "Make Combined Data Table"
  2. In the new table delete the rows that have the control limits for the Moving Range or whatever variance chart was displayed (i.e. Range, Std Dev, etc.)
  3. Go back to the Summary table and go to the Tables=>Update pull down menu and update the rows in the table with the rows in the Control Limits table by matching on the column called "Column" from the Summary table, with the column called "Y" in the Control Limits table.

If you want both the response columns Control Limits and the variance columns Control Limits to be added to the Summary table, then change step 2 above, from deleting the variance chart limits, to going to

Tables=>Split

and using it to split the table by Points Plotted, grouping on the Y column.  Then Update the Summary table with the Split table.

Jim

To get the control limits extracted to one table, select Save Details Table from the red triangle menu.

As far as a grouping option in Control Chart Builder, you can already achieve this using 2 different methods.  1) You can specify your grouping variable as a by variable in control chart builder or 2) you can specify your grouping variable as a phase variable in control chart builder.  It just depends on how you prefer to look at your data.

Konstantinos
Level II

Thank you for your quick response. When I conduct Three-way Control charts using the process screening platform and then extract the data using Save Details Table, I get for every subgroup Xbar and the control limits. I`m looking for the overall statistics. Therefore, the solution proposed from @txnelson works my purpose ideally.

The grouping option for control charts using the by variable works perfectly. Thank you for that.