cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
robhanssen
Level III

Exported picture cut off

Lately I've been having some intermittent problems with graph exports. After right-clicking on the graph and selecting copy graph, or File/Save As/PNG (or JPEG, or Powerpoint, etc.), the graph is horrendously cut off on all sides. I've attached an example. 

The way to solve the issue is to reboot the computer and try again. Of course, this become pretty annoying since I can't seem to find when it starts occurring again.

Is this a known issue and is there a good solution?

[background: JMP 13.1.0, Windows 10 and Windows 7)

Graph Builder.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Exported picture cut off

I now suggest that you contact JMP Support

support@jmp.com

Jim

View solution in original post

I would encourage you to contact Tech Support so they can try to reproduce the issue, get information on your display resolutions, and forward the information to development.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
txnelson
Super User

The first thing I would do, is to upgrade(it is free) to 13.2.1 and see if that corrects the issue.

Jim
robhanssen
Level III

Unfortunately, the update did not fix it. It seems to be happening more when I use my laptop on and off the docking station (native screen vs external monitor) with some hibernation in between - however, those two monitors are set at the same pixel resolution (1920x1080).

txnelson
Super User

I now suggest that you contact JMP Support

support@jmp.com

Jim

I would encourage you to contact Tech Support so they can try to reproduce the issue, get information on your display resolutions, and forward the information to development.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

KD
KD
Level II

any updates on this issue?  I am experiencing the same problem as well.  

It is difficult to reproduce (sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't) so if there's a known solution, please share.

Thanks!

robhanssen
Level III

Unfortunately no. The main "solution" is to restart JMP and not switch too much between docking station and stand-alone. I haven't had the issue in a while and it's very hard to reproduce.

I had the same issue when I docked my PC to a working station with multiple monitors.

I could only solve this issue once I restarted the PC while docked and then restarted JMP.

kengoldberg
Level II

My solution has been to use "Paste Special..." > "As: " > "Bitmap". 

The other two paste special choices, "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)" and "Picture (Png)" rarely work for me. Nor do the any other "Paste" choices. I have always switched between using multiple monitors and just my laptop screen frequently. I never had a problem for over a decade. The problem just started for me several months ago when I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. The version of JMP does not matter.